You have the ability to change history
Let me just say this, what a cool RTS game. The developers have really focused quite a bit into making this game more appealing to WWII fanatics such as myself. You're able to control the government as well as the army and navy, what social background your government will follow, absolutely Everything
Hearts of Iron IV developers have put so much detail into the equipment your troops/armies have and the whole develop process behind that. Wait there's more, the same thing applies to Air force and the Navy. You control infrastructure deployment as well as ground defenses. This game is truly massive, clocked in a good 48 hours playing it co-op vs AI and its challenging as hell.
However the game isn't for the fainthearted as there is virtually no training that prepares you for what lies ahead in the game, so you'll end up watching quite a few play-through's on YouTube. In fact Luca wants us to do a massive video on the game when we are able to.
Controlling battle plans and telling your generals how to work the front really makes me feel like I'm right there in the thick of it all.
Anyhow, worth buying, I'm happy to give the game a solid 7/10. It only appeals to a certain few that play this type of RTS game but still worth it. Here's the developers words over their creation.
- Total strategic war: War is not only won on land, sea and in the air. It’s also achieved in the hearts and minds of men and women.
- Authentic real-time war simulation: Let the greatest commanders of WW2 fight your war with the tools of the time; tanks, planes, ships, guns and newly discovered weapons of mass destruction.
- Assume control of any nation: Choose from the greatest powers striving for victory, or the small nations trying to weather the storm.
- Turn the world into your battlefield: Experience the full WWII timespan in a topographical map complete with seasons, weather and terrain. Snow, mud, storms can be both your strong ally and a ruthless enemy.
- Negotiate or force your will: Experience the advanced politics and diplomacy systems, form factions, engage in trade for resources and appoint ministers to your party.
- Intense Online Combat: Battle in both competitive and cooperative multiplayer for up to 32 players. Featuring cross-platform multiplayer.
- Give your nation a unique edge: Experience the flexible technology system, where all major powers get their own unique identity. Develop detailed historic tanks and planes through research and army experience.